Minimally Invasive Image-guided Vertebroplasty at India’s Best Spine Surgery Hospital in India
Our network hospitals have the most advanced spine surgery facilities. The spine surgeons here use minimally invasive and computer guided techniques in spine surgery. In a Minimally Invasive spine surgery the surgeon makes a few small incisions unlike the open surgery where a single large incision is made. Minimally Invasive spine surgery has several important benefits for the patients. If you have been advised spine surgery your first choice should be the latest minimally invasive technique developed by our world’s best hospitals in India. Most advanced Technology like Intra Operative MRI, Brain Suite and Computer Assisted Navigation System are deployed by highly trained surgeons for accurate and safe Spine Surgeries through a small incision.
Why should you choose to get Indian hospitals offer the best spinal surgery treatment in India at affordable prices. MedGinnie associated best spine surgery hospitals in India have the latest technology and infrastructure to offer the most advanced spine surgery at low cost.
Salient features of these hospitals are
- Comprehensive management of spine disorder from birth defects to degeneration of tumor and trauma.
- Dedicated team of International trained and vastly experienced Spine Surgeons, Rheumatologists, Neurologist, Physicians and Physiotherapist.
- Expert evaluation of spinal problems by dedicated team of experienced spine Surgeons, Rheumatologists, Neurologist, Physicians and Physiotherapist.
- Latest Generation Diagnostic and Imaging facilities including dynamic digital X rays, Spiral CT scanning , MRI and Electrophysiology unit all under one roof.
- Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation by experts after the surgery help you regain functional abilities quickly helping in vastly improved overall results.
Vertebroplasty also known as Percutaneous Vertebroplasty is a spinal procedure in which bone cement is injected through a small hole in the skin (percutaneously) into a fractured vertebra with the goal of relieving the pain of osteoporotic compression fractures and providing strength to the bone. Vertebroplasty is used for patients with vertebral compression fractures due to osteoporosis, metastatic tumors, or benign tumors such as vertebral heamangiomas. It also provides vertebral stabilization when the lesion threatens the stability of the spine. Vertebroplasty can increase patient mobility, decrease narcotic needs, and prevent further vertebral collapse. Osteoporosis is a condition where the bone density decreases with advancing age, due to deficiency of calcium and vitamin D. Osteoporosis makes the bones of the body weak and susceptible to fractures, especially of the spine. Approximately 85% fractures in old age are caused by osteoporosis and remaining 15% are caused by bone weakness caused by other conditions such as spread of cancer to the bones. Percutaneous Vertebroplasty is indicated for painful osteoporotic or neoplastic vertebral compression fractures refractory to medical therapy.
Advantages of Vertebroplasty
Vertebroplasty is considered for patients with painful compression fractures in the spine, often caused by osteoporosis. Because the treatment often results in a dramatic decrease in pain, the advantages are numerous.
- Decreased Pain A compression fracture causes sharp and debilitating pain. Those suffering from these fractures are often prescribed bed rest and pain medication. Vertebroplasty reduces and in some cases eliminates the need for pain medication, and it also restores mobility in many patients.
- Prevention of further vertebral collapse The cement fills spaces in bones made porous by osteoporosis, strengthening the bone so that it is less likely to fracture again.
- Recovery The patient recovery is quick as it is a minimally invasive surgery with very little blood loss and damage to surrounding tissues. The patients are kept under observation for 1-2 hrs after which they are discharged. They return to normal day to day activities within a week.